Monday, June 13, 2016

Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Muffins


Oh boy, oh boy, there is something about summer approaching and lemons! I'm currently on a mission to find healthier baking options. I love to bake and one thing about living by the 80/20 rule is that I need to moderate my backing. I have been to some really amazing raw food restaurants, especially in Bali, and I figured if they can make amazing treats that fit into my lifestyle, so can I! 

So these are so good, they almost have a cheesecake like quality about them :)

21 Day Fix friends: 2 muffins- 1 yellow, 1 red 

Ingredients:
1 Scoop Whey Protein (I recommend either Vanilla or Caffe Late Shakeology)
6 Tbsp. Unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
3 Tbsp. Lemon zest 
2 tsp. Stevia
1/4 Cup Plain greek (or vanilla) yogurt
1.5 Tbsp. Coconut oil melted
2/3 Cup Coconut flour
1 Tbsp. Baking powder 
1 Tbsp. Poppy Seeds
1/4 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 Cup Low fat cottage cheese
3 Tbsp. Lemon juice

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Blend yogurt, cottage cheese, lemon juice, egg, oil, and applesauce in the blender and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine protein powder, coconut flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, stevia, and lemon zest until combined. 
4. Pour blended mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. 
5. Pour batter into 8 muffin cups
6. Bake for 25 minutes
7. Enjoy and let me know what you think ;)

Make it a great one,
Deanna


No comments:

Post a Comment